Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Guide with serious ATTITUDE!





The coolest, most stylish, straight to the point, honest no bulls**t type of guides!

The
LUXE City Guides is a collection of pocket-size, fold-out travel guides that extensively summarize everything worth seeing in the most marvelous cities around the world. Compiled by cool, smart, unique locals who tried to honestly squeeze the best type of information out of every city.
The guides are %100 un-touristy, and basically shows you what's hot and what's not, what's in and what's out.
(love the LUXE Loves and LUXE Loathes sections!)

My favourite part of the guide is the make-up words and type of lingo used.
Take this Hong Kong guide intro for example:
"Looking for Suzy Wong? Well, she's dead, get over it. Only got a few days in Hong Kong? Want no faff, no crap, just the best of the best? Well, who's your daddy? The activities and shopping itineraries are mostly half-day so you can mix and match as you please and all the shops are listed by area. How damn convenient is that? Go on sugarlips, take a big bite.. "

I've been through many guides and believe me nothing quite compares.
No pictures though, but who needs photos of places you're already going to visit anyway!


New guides come out every six months.
So, to all you jet setters, never EVER travel without one!

6 comments:

Spicy Pepper said...

Miznah, i tried it not that great. You might as well be using the time out guides but the ultimate has to be Note Bene. check it out at www.nbreview.com :)

Bloggerista said...

that reminds me of the 1000 places to visit before you die book, have u read it?

Miznah said...

Spicy,

I do have the timeout guides and tried them, they're good but not so to the point.. to many words and not so small and convenient.
I usually travel with 4-5 guides and make my homework the night before. some reviews are right on and some were simply "WTF!".
whereas Luxe's reviews were always right on, for me. I've tried it in 17 cities and never failed me so far.
Note Bene I'll try and let you know. Thank you :)




Bloggerista,

eeeee I've skimmed it, hmmmm.. I want to go to 20 places out of them all! that's it lol

Bloggerista said...

i want to go to allll of them :P

mashfoooo7a hehehe

Spicy Pepper said...

im giving it a second go :) i just ordered the 2 guides i need the most, will let you know :)

Miznah said...

Spicy,

yay! let me know ;)